From Orange Pi Wiki
Armbian OS is a Lightweight Debian Jessie based Linux distribution developed by Armbian.
- Debian Wheezy, Jessie or Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial based. Compiled from scratch
- Install images are reduced to actual data size with small reserve
- Root password is 1234. You will be prompted to change this password and to create a normal user at first login.
- First boot takes longer (around 3min) than usual (20s) because it updates package list, regenerates SSH keys and expand partition to fit your SD card. :It might reboot one time automatically. Second boot also take little longer (around 3min) because it creates 128MB emergency swap space
- Ready to compile external modules.
- Ethernet adapter with DHCP and SSH server ready on default port (22)
- Wireless adapter with DHCP ready if present but disabled (/etc/network/interfaces, WPA2: normal connect or AP mode)
- desktop environment upgrade ready
- NAND, SATA, eMMC and USB install script is included (nand-sata-install)
- Serial console enabled
- Enabled automatic security update download for basic system and kernel. Upgrades are done via standard apt-get upgrade method
- Login script shows: board name with large text, distribution base, kernel version, system load, up time, memory usage, IP address, CPU temp, drive :temp, ambient temp from Temper if exits, SD card usage, battery conditions and number of updates to install.