UPDATE 1/17/2017: RetrOrangePi 3.01 is released. Go to the External Links section to download
RetrOrangePi is a gaming and media center distribution based on Armbian (Debian 8), compatible with H3 / Mali devices. It is developed and maintained by Stevie Whyte and Alerino Reis with collaboration of Wang Matt.
- Full Armbian 5.23 Jessie Desktop version with kernel 3.4.113 (backdoors fixed)
- Slim version 1st release (less than 2 GB) coming tonight
- OpenELEC (Kodi Jarvis 16.1) with CEC support by Jernej �krabec
- RetroPie-Setup version 4.1
- New Kodi Krypton beta6 version
- New emulationstation-ROPI branch forked from jacobfk20 with gridview, on screen keyboard with easy wifi config and storage check with additional features added by ROPi team: display settings, OpenELEC / Desktop launcher and background music switcher integrated into main menu.
- New Plug n' Play feature - USB roms autoload (reads from /media/usb0) (buggy)
- New dummy roms feature (most common platform shown)
- New splash video on 1st boot by Rafael Spirax
- New default splashscreen (from Libretro)
- New custom ES splashscreen by Francois Lebel @MagicFranky
- OpenELEC ROPI addon already installed
- Retroarch with XMB menu driver (Lakka)
- Better looking video with bilinear filtering (smoothness) or scanlines by default
- Most retroarch cores updated (FBA, PCSX etc.)
- Banana Pi M2 Plus
- Beelink X2
- OPi Lite
- OPi One
- OPi PC
- OPi PC-Plus
- OPi Plus
- OPi Plus 2
- OPi Plus 2e
- Nano Pi
- AmstradPc, Atari2600, Atari7800, Atari Lynx, Atari ST, Final Burn Alpha, Dreamcast, Gamegear, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Colour, MAME, MasterSystem, MegaDrive, MSX, Nintendo 64, NeoGeo, Nintendo NES, Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color, PC Engine (TurboGrafx), Playstation 1, Playstation Portable, Sega32x, SegaCD, SG-1000, Super Nintendo, Vectrex, ZxSpectrum
New and improved content:
- AdvanceMAME (newer romset, more compatibility, better performance in some games: Elevator Action Returns, Street Fighter the Movie, Star Wars Arcade, Judge Dredd, Sega Sonic The Hedgehog etc)
- Amiga (FS-UAE emulator, fullscreen now, diskette sound, launcher)
- Atari 5200*
- Atari 8bit (models 400 800 XL XE)*
- Coco / Tandy*
- Colecovision (ColEm emu* Custom Coleco BlueMSX core**)
- Creativision* **
- Daphne (Philips Cdi emulator)
- Dosbox (GLES version)
- Dreamcast (fixed reicast-joyconfig)
- Duke Nukem port (fixed tint color)
- Game and Watch (fixed shortcuts)
- Intellivision* **
- OpenMSX (with .dsk support)*
- PPSSPP (new version 1.3 from odroid repo)
- TI99/4A (Texas Instruments)
- Wolfenstein3D port
- Select+Start → Exit Game
- Select+Right Shoulder → Save State
- Select+Left Shoulder → Load State
- Select+Right → Save Slot Increase
- Select+Left → Save Slot Decrease
- Select+X → RetroArch Menu
- Select+B → Reset Game
- Download the latest image from the links at the end of this article.
- Uncompress image in linux:
tar zxvf imagename.raw.tar.gz
To uncompress image in Windows, you can use most common archivers like WinRAR, 7-Zip.
Windows users can use win32diskimager to copy the RAW img to your sd card. You can use the pictures below for reference.
The default user and password are:
user - pi pass - pi root - orangepi
Emulators are already installed (at least the most common ones).
To add ROMs, simply drop the files in the
~/RetroPie/roms/$CONSOLE folder, where
$CONSOLE is the name of the target console, e.g. snes or arcade.
To use the GUI, select Desktop from EmulationStation menu, insert USB drive with your ROMs, copy them to
RetroPie/roms/$CONSOLE folder (shortcut on your desktop).
RetrOrangePi Ports is a collection of ROMs and engines ported to RetrOrangePi.
A list of tutorials and RetrOrangePi Howtos can be found here.
Notes, known bugs
Please report any bugs to the developers on the RetrOrangePi Facebook group
|Beta 1||June 15, 2016||First release. Merge of Alerino_Reis_Ubuntu_Retropie_and_Emulation_Station_(ES) and Stevie_Whyte_Retropie_for_OPi. Armbian as base system.|
|RetrOrangePi Hotfix 1||June 22, 2016||This hotfix is an update from Beta 1 to Beta 2.|
|Beta 2||June 22, 2016||
|RetrOrangePi Hotfix 2||June 25, 2016||
This hotfix solves the following issues:
|RetrOrangePi 2.0 ||July 1, 2016||
|RetrOrangePi 2.5 ||September 23, 2016||
- RetrOrangePi Ports
- RetrOrangePi Hotfix 1
- RetrOrangePi Hotfix 2
- List of Orange Pi Linux Distributions
- Lakka for Orange Pi
The RetrOrangePi Image Gallery is a collection of community created bootsplash images, desktop wallpapers, videos and related RetrOrangePi inspired images.